Happy New Year! 2014 was an exceptional year for me. I gave birth to my second and last baby, and I published my first cozy mystery novel, Raining Men and Corpses. But it was also a very exhausting year so I am looking forward to 2015.
Unlike some of my writing buddies, fiction writing came late to me. I never thought it could be quite so satisfying to put together a story and have readers actually willing to spend their precious time reading it. My debut novel has been downloaded 1,168 times since it was published mid-March of 2014. This alone is enough to keep me writing the next novel.
So for 2015, here is a list of my resolutions:
- publish book two of the Raina Sun mystery, Gusty Lovers and Cadavers, in the spring.
- publish a short story, One Finger Pot, featuring Raina’s grandma, Po Po (this will be offer for free to the readers who signed up to get to get new release information in my newsletter).
- Lose 20 pounds (this baby weight just have to go)
- write the first draft of book three of the Raina Sun mystery, Breezy Friends and Bodies (this will probably not get published until 2016).
- Write the first draft of a novel in another genre (as much as I love reading and writing cozy mysteries, 2015 marks the fourth year I’ve been focused on this genre. I will love to branch out into something else just to give me some variation. But like all my writing, I expected this to be light and fun).
Thank you my precious readers for making my first foray into fiction writing so wonderful. I hope that 2015 would be even more amazing.
Happy reading and thanks for visiting Anne R. Tan.