I organize group promotion with other authors to increase our mailing list subscribers. Authors are required to share the promotion with their newsletter subscribers and social media during the promotion dates. These promos are free, but please don’t make more work for me.
I will coordinate to get graphics for the promo and create the promo webpage. If you have a question, try posting it on the FB group first (link below).
July Dates: 7/21-7/31 Mystery/thriller/suspense Book Funnel Promo. Submission link sent out in newsletter and posted on FB group. Token spots to be released on 7/2.
August Dates: 8/19-8/26 Mystery/thriller/suspense Book Funnel Promo. Submission link will be sent out at the end of July.
Do I qualify for this promo?
If you don’t know how to set up a mailing list (or don’t have one), then this promotion is not for you. I don’t provide technical support or hand holding. Although, you can ask others in the FB group for help.
I reserve the right to reject any book with poor editing, a non-professional cover, or it’s not genre appropriate. If your book is professionally packaged, you’re pretty much accepted. Please don’t ask for confirmation.
It’s a lot of work for me to look up each submission and see if it’s incorrectly classified as “suspense” on Amazon. So if your book cover has a man chest, embracing couple, and stuff I can’t show my children, it’s automatically rejected.
I don’t check the submission page every day, and I have a day job. I will email you well before the promo with more info (but if it’s a week before the promo and you haven’t heard from me, then feel free to contact me).
There are no free rides for these group promos. Free loaders will be ban from future promos, and I will whisper bad words after your name to many of my writing friends who also organize promos (just kidding…maybe).
This promo is not affiliated with Instafreebie, Book Funnel, and what else service providers that pop up in the future.
Here’s the link to the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1642873622692030
Sign-up to be notified for future promo dates and updates.
FAQ FOR INSTAFREEBIE PROMOS
I probably will not be coordinating any more of these promos in the near future. 6/15/17.
1. Sign up for an Instafreebie.com account and upload the book you’re planning to give away.
If you use this sign-up link, I might get referral credits toward my account: https://www.instafreebie.com?invite_code=EBruu7Cioo
2. The emails are not collected until after you activate the 30 day free trial for the Plus Plan. Do not use the free trial until two week before the promo date (I need the time finalize the webpage for the IF feature). Select the option where the reader have to opt-in with their emails to get the free book.
3. Once the promo page is live, we get social media shares almost immediately, ramping up until the promo dates (thank you, author friends!). Participating authors email their newsletter and post to social media at their convenience during the promo dates. If Instafreebie features us, there’s a recap post a few days later, so it’s best to keep the giveaway link active up to 5 days after the promo dates.
4. You don’t need to use Mailchimp to get the emails. You can download the cvs file and import to your newsletter service of choice. I use Mailerlite.
5. Your placement on the promo page is first come first serve. Basically whoever submits their info promptly will be placed higher on the promo page. If you help with the graphics, you’ll also be placed higher.
If you don’t understand these instructions, please ask before you sign-up. It’s a waste of MY WRITING TIME to create the promo graphics and promo page with your book cover to have you back out a week before the event. I do these promos monthly, so it’s better to wait a month to have all your ducks in a row.
How Do I Sign-up?
I only take about 30-40 authors per promo. I track everything through the spreadsheet generated by the submission form. When you submit, you’re on a big wait list. I will email you to ask for confirmation when it’s your turn. If I don’t get a reply after a few days, you lose your spot. Everyone gets a chance to participate at some point. I’m booking spots almost two months out.
I will send you an email confirmation/rejection before the promo. If you need to make any changes, resubmit. I’ll take the latest entry. Any changes after I posted your cover on my website could bump you down on the line up because this makes more work for me. When you’re filling out the submission, just fill out what you can. I will email you if I need further info.
June 2017 (Mystery) = 31 authors = 36.5k outbound clicks to IF
April 2017 (Mystery) = 35 authors = 38.5k outbound clicks to IF
March 2017 = 32 authors = 21k outbound clicks to IF.
March 2017 (Chicklit/Humor) = 14 authors – 14.5k outbound clicks to IF.
Feb 2017 (cozy only) = 12 authors – 14,100 outbound clicks to IF.
Feb 2017 = 36 authors – 33k outbound clicks to IF.
Jan 2017 = 36 authors – 39k outbound clicks to IF; 1k clicks to story app
Dec 2016 = 44 authors – 54k outbound clicks to IF
October 2016 = 32 authors – 62,600 clicks to Instafreebie
Sept 2016 = 20 authors – 42,000 clicks to Instafreebie
May we all find many excited readers!
Anne R. Tan